Food & Farming Media Network
Become a Member
Our Food and Farming Media Network is a community and resource hub for journalists and editors — everyone whose work touches on the food system.
Sentient Media’s Food and Farming Media Network is a members-only space for journalists at all stages of their careers who want to learn about and report on food systems and factory farming more effectively.
Members will have access to:
- Reporting and freelance resources
- Self-guided courses to improve coverage
- Members-only events with food/climate journalists and publishers
- A monthly newsletter filled with the latest pitching opportunities
- Opportunities on Slack and Zoom for networking
Our members have published at top media outlets including The Guardian, Vox and more. Check out some of their work below.
- The Guardian | Lobby groups fought ‘hard and dirty’ against EU ban on caged farm animals
- Vox | The biggest animal welfare crisis you’ve never heard of
- DeSmog | How the Animal Pharma Industry Resists Moves to Curb the Overuse of Antibiotics on Farms
- Vox | The “humanewashing” of America’s meat and dairy, explained
Toronto Star | Exposing cruelty on farms should be applauded, not punished
You have read 0 articles.
Independent Journalism Relies on You
As a fiercely independent, reader-supported news outlet, we’re unswayed by advertisers and profit margins. Your support funds investigative journalism, fact-checked explainers, resources for journalists and partnerships with publishers to boost reporting on the most pressing issues of our time. Read more