Sentient Media’s Indigenous Voices for Saving Animals and Earth is a collection of essays illuminating important perspectives from Indigenous peoples, including traditional knowledge from the past and proposed solutions for the future. Edited by Jessica Scott-Reid, this project tackles land and water sovereignty, factory farming, food systems, veganism, colonialism, reconciliation and more, through a variety of Indigenous lenses.
- The Fascinating Plant-Based History of the Diné People by Mansour Yarow
- How the Bison Became a Being of Decolonization by Shawna Gray
- How Opting Out of Meat Can Restore Mauri — Life Essence — in Aotearoa by Aaron Simon
- Honorable Murray Sinclair on Indigenous Obligation to Beings of Creation by Jessica Scott-Reid
- How Industrial Meat Oppresses Indigenous People by Ashley Chisholm
- Veganism Is Not Anti-Indigenous by Samah Seger
- How Cattle Ranchers in the West Cut Off Indigenous Water Rights by Melanie Yazzie
Sentient Media editorial team.