A U.S. District judge just reinstated the Yellowstone grizzly bear’s threatened-species status. He claimed the administration wasn’t using the best science in its decision to remove the bear’s protections last year. Judge Dana Christensen placed a temporary restraining order on the 23 grizzly tags issued by Wyoming and Idaho until his ruling takes effect. [NPR]
ICYMI 👉 North Carolina has its own definition of milk. We’ve got it covered for Huffington Post.
- ❌ A conservation group at Cornell University plans to open its 226-acre deer sanctuary to bow hunting. Bow hunting is cruel but unfortunately, not an unusual method of population control. [Animal Rights News]
- 👀 The #1 cause of death in the United States is diet. Americans consume less than 10% of foods from plants, and all those animal products add up to heightened risks of heart disease and cancer. [LIVEKINDLY]
- 🐺 There are only two wolves left in Isle Royale National Park. So begins a three-year rewilding project that will bring 20 to 30 new wolves to the park. [WNMU]
- 🙌 Would you risk your own life to save an animal? Watch rescuers battle North Carolina’s flood waters to get these animals onto dry land. [WCNC]
- 😻 The City of Los Angeles received $200,000 from ASPCA to help find homes for its homeless cat population. Find your furry friend today. [LA Service Animals]